I grew up like many many future makers, constantly doodling things or playing with toys that allow you to build things. I would especially enjoy drawing cartoon or video game characters or getting a new lego kit and immediately mix the parts with the legos I already had and build something entirely new. In the later years of growing up, I would pour over magazines and books, interested by the use of words and Images in advertisements, articles and stories. Then along would come the Web, and the many hours spent in front of a screen while accessing information about any subject that interested me. I guess you could say that I have always been interested in design, even before I knew it was called that.
I wouldn't begin to think of design as a career path until the later part of high school after taking a design course. I went on to study graphic design while earning degree in fine arts at Middle Tennessee State University, and have been doing design in serveral capacities ever since. Early in my career, much of my work consisted of print design. However, as I have taught myself how to code, I have transitioned to doing taking on a lot of web design work. I have also picked up a bit of experience doing motion graphics and video work. At the end of the day, I desire to utilize my talents, skills, and experience in a challenging environment that pushes me while putting my abilities to productive use designing and building solutions.
• Collaborate with clients, web developers, and other designers to create effective web sites
• Work with marketing companies and business owners to create effective multimedia marketing materials
• Designed advertisements and marketing materials for professional driver recruiting within the transportation industry
• Produced campaigns consistent across several media (print, online, social network, video, etc.) within client branding constraints
• Worked with writers, developers, art/creative directors and clients to collaboratively design materials
• Collaborated on the production of various printed marketing materials
• Maintained and updated company website on a daily basis
• Modified website templates and created mobile optimized site
• Produced Email Newsletters
• Designed Catalogs, Brochures, Print Advertising, Trade Show Displays, Postcard Mailers, and photographed products, as well as planned, Organized, and Oversaw company participation in trade shows
• Managed every stage of projects, from conception to production
• Worked with third party web developers in creation of one web site for new business branch (missionsmarketing.com) and overhaul of another outdated site (resilientfurniture.com)
Designed and developed with responsive layout and third party HTML5 audio player and site editing system
Designed and developed simple gallery site to showcase client's interior design work
Designed and developed WordPress based gallery site to display paintings
Higlighted a number of statistics to help promote the implementation of the app within fleets.
Created recruiting billboard focused on the "Tough" reputation flatbed drivers have.
Created poster to highlight home time for drivers of Roehl Transport.
Used binder format for durability and to ease updating as well as provide incentives for sales reps to follow up with customer on new products.